Preparing to Film my Final Task: Actors, Props, & More

Before I begin filming for the final task, there are some aspects of the opening sequence I would like to already have figured out. I feel that it is important to do this before I even begin to think about filming because it will allow me to be well prepared. As of right now, this includes having a clear idea of who will be acting in the film, the props, and the costumes which are not yet determined. When it comes to selecting actors for my projects I always have some sort of difficulty and end up choosing my immediate family to participate in filming. But this time around I would like to switch up the cast and include other people within my family besides my siblings and parents. But the problem always comes when it is time to create a schedule for filming which will accommodate everyone. However, due to spring break, I was able to elicit more members of my family who were interested in filming. I now know for the most part who will be acting in my film. My next step is to create a schedule for filming that will work with all of the actors. With the actors now in mind, I began to brainstorm potential costume ideas. I plan to have my actors dress casually since the film will aim to reflect everyday life. In addition to this, the two main characters of my film are students so they will wear clothing like graphic T-shirts, shorts, jeans, and sneakers to encapsulate the teenage vibe. The mother in my film will also be dressed in a relaxed manner since she is a stay-at-home mom. This means that there will be little to no makeup since I am going for a minimalistic atmosphere. There will only be makeup involved when I need to create the blemishes on their skin. I believe that going in this direction for the costumes will accurately display the average person/family. The last thing that I have successfully figured out in preparation for my sequence is what props I will need while filming. Jayden is seen riding a bicycle at the start of the film. A bike will be one of my main props in which I already own so I will have no difficulty obtaining one. Another one of Jayden's props is a headphone set which he will wear for the majority of the film. I also have this in my possession so I do not need to purchase it. More of the props consist of cellphones, cooking supplies, and food. The last main prop in my film will be a car. I am glad that I was able to brainstorm and confirm the actors, costumes, and props before I begin my filming journey. We are nearing closer and closer to when I begin filming my final task. I hope you are as excited as I am! See you next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genre Research: Action

Title Research: Watch the Titles Website

Planning Blog For the Final Task: Schedule, Location, Participants, Health & Safety